12.24.2007

Xmas ala Norman Rockwell

Norman Rockwell is Christmas to me.
The iconic cheer and togetherness shared by American families this time of year. Although I have become disillusioned by the entire holiday “thing” I still fondly remember my childhood Iowa holiday seasons. The snow outside punctuated by a warm house filled with family noise and smells of roast turkey or goose permeating the air. I’m saddened to think those times are gone forever. In the spirit of the Christmas season I wish everyone good health and happiness.

Without thinking too much about it in specific terms, I was showingthe America I knew and observed to others who might not have noticed.
—Norman Rockwell

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Merry Christmas! Miss you! Hope all is well!

Barbara said...

Merry Christmas Chris...No matter where you are or how much things change...memories are always there and should make you smile.

Things will never be the same for me either...but I'll never forget how they once were.

love ya!

Barb

dar vader said...

Hi Chris from SA! I hope 2008 is the best thing yet. Take care of yourself and let us know when your on this side of the world. :) dar

Barbara said...

Hmmmm is that Dar Dar from SA?

Chief said...

Of course it's Dar Dar.