10.23.2007

OSHA

I’ve been sitting in an OSHA 30 Hour Course for General Construction. I cannot begin to tell you how laborious this week has been. I managed to complete 2 online courses, research flight schools, and balance my financial statements during my time here. The instructor is a very knowledgeable southern woman who has taught the class just as much about her family as OSHA standards. If you didn’t know, OSHA is Occupational Safety and Health Administration. http://www.osha.gov/ in case you can’t sleep tonight. I don’t think I could follow a career in safety, I’m not bossy enough. I did learn what can happen if a guy doesn't adjust a fall protection harness in the proper manor. There was a delightful story of how a guy fell from a building with his harness improperly adjusted. Before he hit the end of the safety line his testicle had worked it's way to the to the other side of the crotch strap. When the medics finally cut the guys pants off, low and behold, his testicle had shot straight out of the scrotal sack. That had to suck!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I may not own the equipment but THAT made me feel a little green...BLAH

Chief said...

Black and blue really.